Mentoring & Training
Many people and organizations stand ready to help both entrepreneurs and social cause organizations with their businesses.
Here are some that are committed to enabling our entrepreneurs:
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization - networking group consisting of serial entrepreneurs with a minimum level of sales volume.
- Entrepreneurs of Knoxville - entrepreneurial networking group in Knoxville open to aspiring and existing entrepreneurs.
- Knoxville Entrepreneur Center – a Knoxville organization dedicated to inspiring, encouraging and enabling entrepreneurs. They often host educational speakers and programming.
- SCORE - volunteer organization of retired executives that educates entrepreneurs and helps new businesses get started.
- Tennessee Small Business Development Center - state organization to help get new businesses started.
- U.S. Small Business Administration - government organization with resources to help people start businesses.
- UT Center for Industrial Services - provides training in areas including human performance, manufacturing, selling to the government, and health and safety.
The Anderson Center also has a program to help build the capabilities of social cause organizations: Consortium for Social Enterprise Effectiveness.